Each month, I buy a book of twenty stamps. I create twenty post cards. I write twenty short stories about them. I send them to twenty strangers. This is the twenty stamps project.

Request a postcard by sending your snail mail address to sean.arthur.cox@gmail.com or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SeanArthurCox

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Troll Teeth



“Please can I have some change so I can brush my teeth?”

“No dear,” said the mother troll. “You'll ruin your chompers.”

“No I won't!” the child protested. “Not if I only chew one.”


“You know you don't have that sort of self control. You'll use both brushes and when you go to the dentist, it'll be cavities, cavities, cavities.”

“But I like the way it tickles my gums!”


“I said no. It scrapes the protective film off your teeth and lets germs in. Your teeth will decay and when you grow up, you won't be able to get a good job. No one wants to hire a troll to guard a bridge if he doesn't even have teeth enough to bite a knight in half.”


- Originally mailed to P. Wilkinson of Vancleave, Mississippi

No comments:

Post a Comment