Each month, I buy a book of twenty stamps. I create twenty post cards. I write twenty short stories about them. I send them to twenty strangers. This is the twenty stamps project.

Request a postcard by sending your snail mail address to sean.arthur.cox@gmail.com or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SeanArthurCox

Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Mail Call

While I work my way through catching up on the backlog of postcards and stories (I started doing this for my friends on Facebook, but wanted to expand), it's time I put out a call for people who would like to receive a random postcard and short story in the mail some time during the month of October.

Since this is the first mail call I've made on the new blog, I'll run you down the procedure.

  1. Decide you want to receive a random post card with a short story on the back.
  2. E-mail your name and snail mail address to me. It doesn't have to be your personal residence. A P.O. Box or your friend's house is fine. It does have to be an address I can send a post card to using only one USPS first class stamp.
  3. Wait for your post card.
It does get slightly more complicated than that, but not much. That's all you have to do, though. Each month, I'll take the first fifteen requests from people who have not received one in the past in the order that I receive snail mail addresses. First come, first served. The last five post cards will go to random past recipients. Why? Because getting personal mail when you expect it is fun. Getting it when you don't is even better.

Got it? Great! Now, let's get some post cards into mail boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment