Each month, I buy a book of twenty stamps. I create twenty post cards. I write twenty short stories about them. I send them to twenty strangers. This is the twenty stamps project.

Request a postcard by sending your snail mail address to sean.arthur.cox@gmail.com or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SeanArthurCox

Friday, October 12, 2012

End of the World



There was a tree at the edge of the world that never seemed to grow and never seemed to die. It just stretched out into the emptiness beyond, bridging the gap between here and there, earth and sky. It became something of a rite of passage, a ritual for anyone who succeeded where all sense said they shouldn't to visit the tree. With published at long last manuscripts, with game-winning balls, with lovers well out of their league they would come and reflect and sometimes have their pictures taken, and they would shout beyond the cliffs, “You said the world would end before it happened, but here I stand at the end of the world, a success.”

- Originally mailed to C. Merritt of Juneau, Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment